[Dxspider-support] BPQ32_409r_Beta_20050914 is now availablefor testing

Ron Stordahl ron.stordahl at digikey.com
Fri Sep 16 04:35:24 BST 2005

Tony

You can do exactly what you describe in a number of ways.

At the radio site you would have a computer running either AGWPE or
BPQ32.  If AGWPE, then the connection from your main system would be a
tcp connection between the cluster and the AGWPE program at the radio
site.  This would be no different than if you were running AGWPE on the
same system, except instead of a connection to 'localhost' you would
have your cluster AGW interface do its connection to the ip address of
the machine at the radio site.  This is likely the easiest set up.

But would do it differently because I favor the NET/ROM approach for a
number of reasons, that I can go into if you want to know.  In such a
case I would have BPQ32 Node with AGWtoBPQ running on the cluster
machine.  It would link to the radio site via AX/UDP to an instance of
BPQ32 at the radio site.  I have several (15 at the moment)l such
connections running around the clock in distant locations in the USA,
South America, England, Russia etc.   Users in those areas  can connect
to such remote BPQ32  nodes via radio and on  from there to my cluster
via AX/UDP internet.  And because its a NET/ROM system, other NET/ROM
tnc's in those same areas also can obtain connection to my cluster with
just a single command.  The NET/ROM system takes care of all of the
routing details, that's it's great strength over a simple AGWPE system
which does no routing.

I have documented how to do this on my web site at http://dxspots.com.
Look for something like 'How to provide remote cluster access'.

Ron, N5IN