[Dxspider-support] BPQ32_409r_Beta_20050914 is now availablefor testing

Ron Stordahl ron.stordahl at digikey.com
Fri Sep 16 14:27:37 BST 2005

Dirk Koopman wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 18:31 -0400, t3 wrote:
>
>> Oh i see..
>> the cluster starts the connection to the AGWPE and not the other way around.
>>
>> why i asked is cause im in a very low location, and i can get a high
>> location with a borrowed internet connection
>> for the radio or AX25 connection, not a full cluster (like i had before
>> there) i was hoping that AGWPE would connect
>> back to the cluster providing  AX25 connection for the cluster
>>

> Ah, I didn't completely explain.
>
> The connection from DXSpider->AGWPE is *always* in that direction. What
> I didn't say is this has nothing to do with users or the node
> connections. These ax25 connections are transported over the
> DXSpider->AGWPE link. Only one link is made, on start up, and all the
> ax25 conversations, in both directions, are carried on that link.
>
> Also, I should also mention Xrouter again as it MS-DOS PC based node
> software. This will do what you want and there are people on here that
> use it. In essence, you can set one of these up somewhere, with a NIC,
> and connect to or from it via TCP/IP. It handles all the things that BPQ
> does as well as a few more. It has a load of extra features that some
> people like.
>
> Dirk

As to XRouter, I have tried it and it good, but it would have required
me to have two PC's, one Windows and one DOS at my cluster site.  I
didn't care to do that when I could limit myself to a single PC if I
would use BPQ32.  With the addition of AGW interfaces to BPQ32 others
may reach the same conclusion.

Ron, N5IN