[Dxspider-support] BPQ32_409r_Beta_20050914 is now availablefor testing

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri Sep 16 10:04:37 BST 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 18:31 -0400, t3 wrote:
> Oh i see..
> the cluster starts the connection to the AGWPE and not the other way around.
>
> why i asked is cause im in a very low location, and i can get a high
> location with a borrowed internet connection
> for the radio or AX25 connection, not a full cluster (like i had before
> there) i was hoping that AGWPE would connect
> back to the cluster providing  AX25 connection for the cluster

Ah, I didn't completely explain.

The connection from DXSpider->AGWPE is *always* in that direction. What
I didn't say is this has nothing to do with users or the node
connections. These ax25 connections are transported over the
DXSpider->AGWPE link. Only one link is made, on start up, and all the
ax25 conversations, in both directions, are carried on that link.

Also, I should also mention Xrouter again as it MS-DOS PC based node
software. This will do what you want and there are people on here that
use it. In essence, you can set one of these up somewhere, with a NIC,
and connect to or from it via TCP/IP. It handles all the things that BPQ
does as well as a few more. It has a load of extra features that some
people like.