[Dxspider-support] Hops = 24 Bug?

Lee Sawkins ve7cc at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 4 00:24:36 BST 2006

According to the Spider manual, "In /spider/data you will find a file
called hop_table.pl."
However, in my /spider/data I had NO hop_table.pl.
I copied the example hop_table.pl and edited it.
I changed "$def_hopcount = 5;" to "$def_hopcount = 40;"
I removed all the data in "%hopcount=" and "%nodehops="
I then did a "load/hops"

Now all my PC16s and PC17s go out with a hops count of 39.   This
includes incoming PC16s and PC17s that come in with say a hops count of
19.  Is this the way its supposed to work.  Are not the hops counts used
to stop loops.  If my node keeps bumping them up to 39 every time they
come through, they will keep circulating forever.

And yes, by the way, I noticed that almost all of my links which are
isolated have hops counts for PC16s and PC17s of 24 when they arrive
here.

Lee