[Dxspider-support] Portable calls via telnet in DXSpider

Lee Sawkins ve7cc at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 6 20:52:09 BST 2006

The old AK1A software had a feature called "set/alias".
With this feature it was possible to "set/alias va6aaa/7".
Then you entered the command "switch"
Now you were logged in as va6aaa/7.
When you entered dx spots they went out as "DX de VA6AAA/7 ....."
This was a way to get around the problem with TNCs not accepting
portable callsigns.
Would it not be possible to have spider add this feature?

Lee