[Dxspider-support] Memory Leak in Windows

Ian J Maude ian at gb7mbc.net
Mon Apr 24 09:34:23 BST 2006

Lee Sawkins wrote:
> I am running 3 instances of Spider under Win 2K.
>
> After about 2 weeks I noticed that perl was using about 66 MB of RAM
> for two of my instances and about 38 MB for the third.   The third
> does not have many users, but the other two sometimes have as many
> as 60 each.  Simply closing the three instances and restarting them
> resulted in a huge drop in RAM usage.
This isn't just Windows not giving back the memory is it?  After a while
that would look like a memory leak.  I use a utility called FreeRAM
which checks and returns memory on a regular basis.  I don't run Spider
under windows but I can imagine that would cause a problem.

Ian

--
Ian J Maude G0VGS | Sysop GB7MBC DXCluster
http://www.gb7mbc.net