[Dxspider-support] Multiple ports on one cluster

Mike McCarthy, W1NR lists at w1nr.net
Wed Apr 26 22:56:16 BST 2006

What OS or Distro are you running on?  On my cluster, I listen on port 7300,
but have a firewall directive that redirects port 23 (normal telnet) to
7300.  Can your router or OS redirect port 23 to 8000?  You really want to
try and NOT have spider listening directly on any ports below 1024.

Mike, W1NR