[Dxspider-support] Cluster corrupted, how can I recover?

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Sat Aug 12 20:39:33 BST 2006

This morning something odd happened while trying to install VE7CC's
CC Cluster.  I'm running WinXP SP2 with all patches.

When I tried to start Spider, CPU usage (Perl executable) went to
100%.  I thought it was Windows, re-installed the operating system
from scratch, problem persisted.

So I created a brand new Spider install (renamed the old directory,
created a new one), and was finally able to get things going
again.  However, all old data/user settings, etc. were lost.

I still have the old (broken) spider directory.

Any suggestions how I can recover what was lost?

Thanks & 73 - Jim AD1C
telnet://dxc.ad1c.us/

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us