[Dxspider-support] Filtering based on time_part 2

Manos Darkadakis sv1iw at raag.org
Tue Dec 19 15:51:14 CET 2006

Hello Tom (WB8ZRL) and thanks for the suggestions, I had play with the "run_cmd" command inside crontab before I post the first inquiry. I did try also your first suggestion but still it is easier through the crontab of dxspider. As far as myself logging into the cluster, I have sold the problem. Cluster uses call SV1IW-9 and I was using SV1IW-2 from a telnet session through the "logger" software. Problem was that the filter was created for call SV1IW when the command runs from crontab and not for SV1IW-2 as you can not choose a call for the filter to be created for. So what I did is to use SV1IW without ssid to log into the system and everything works ok now. Problem still remains for other users who wish to use the same technique to avoid receiving spots for dead bands during specific hours. We have had a lot of traffic by the way with ARRLS's 1OM contest with spots flowing in all night long, hi!
So this may still need some thoughts (positive I believe).

73

Manos G. Darkadakis

SV1IW