[Dxspider-support] cronjob@zs0mee - daily - FAILURE

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Feb 6 10:23:05 GMT 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 11:27 +0200, Dick wrote:
> Dirk,
>
> Thanks for the info .. I took out the '-f' and will see what transpires
> tomorrow morning .... By the way, what files get removed on a daily basis ??
>
> In my original help request  mentioned that my MRTG stats for Spider don't
> show the SFI from WWV, but the WWV log file has the information in it .. Do
> you know where MRTG gets its stats from ?? .. I was under the impression it
> was from the spot files !!

No, it doesn't. It is generated by the node in a special file designed
for the purpose, which is then read by MRTG. I have not looked at this
code for some years so, if there is a problem, I will need to go and
study it. I imagine that I ran out of graphing space because MRTG only
allows two things on a graph. I have (still) not got my head around
rrdtool, its successor.