[Dxspider-support] DXSpider concerns

Ted Gervais ve1drg at av.eastlink.ca
Fri Jan 13 01:06:22 GMT 2006

I have dxspider set up and working just fine but it can't get to the
outside world and of course nothing gets in.

My situation is, I am trying to operate behind a small mechanical router
(Di-524) which I think is the problem with my cluster not being able to
telnet to the outside world.  To give you an example of what is happening
here is what I see on my screen when I try and connect as a Cluster Node
to 'ed7zab-5' :

-> D ED7ZAB-5 Please enter your name, set/name <your name>
-> D ED7ZAB-5 Please enter your QTH, set/qth <your qth>
-> D ED7ZAB-5 Please enter your location with set/location or set/qra
-> D ED7ZAB-5 Please enter your Home Node, set/homenode <your home DX
Cluster>
-> D ED7ZAB-5 ED7ZAB-5 de VE1DRG-2 13-Jan-2006 0103Z dxspider >
<- I ED7ZAB-5 Welcome to EA7URC-5 / ED7ZAB-5  DXSpider Gateway.
-> D ED7ZAB-5 Invalid command
-> D ED7ZAB-5 ED7ZAB-5 de VE1DRG-2 13-Jan-2006 0103Z dxspider >
ED7ZAB-5 disconnected
DXChannel ED7ZAB-5 destroyed (3)

As you can see - it appears that ed7zab-5 is actually calling me? But it
is my system calling his node?

I have no idea why things appear backwards but they are.  And ed7zab-5 is
not showing any connection at that end.  My cluster never gets to the
outside world which is why I was thinking there were more ports I had to
open in that little Di-524 router.

Does anyone have any thoughts on my situation.  Your comments would be
appreciated. Especially comments from others who might also be running
behind a little router such as this.

---
Ted Gervais
Coldbrook, Nova Scotia