[Dxspider-support] DXSpider concerns

Dale Harwood sales at harwood.com
Fri Jan 13 01:25:55 GMT 2006

Ted, what happens when you manually telnet to ed7zab-5 from a command
prompt on your cluster machine ? If you can manually connect and
interact with the other cluster the problem lies within your spider
install. If not, your router is the problem. No port changes need be
changed for outbound only connections. For inbound connections from
users as well as other clusters, you need to set your router to port
forward whatever port you are advertising to the public to that machine.
For example your  cluster box is 10.7.7.200 and you are using port 7300.
You will set your router to forward all connects on port 7300 to
10.7.7.200. That is the easiest method. As another person stated, you
can (if your router supports it) map  connects to port 23, the standard
telnet port, to port 7300 on 10.7.7.200. Personally I like to leave
those ports dead and only use upper ports. That way someone has to look
a little harder for my open port. (like that is a problem for them (-;  )

Good Luck & nice chatting with you again. (remember me from the early
days of fbb)

Dale Harwood
N4VFF