[Dxspider-support] creating the sysop account

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri Mar 24 10:14:06 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 19:32 -0500, David Calder wrote:
> I run an AR cluster node and trying to get a spider up and running.
> When I try to create the
> sysop account I get compile errors.
>
> I'm attaching a screen shot but don't know if the group will strip it.
>
> What did I miss?

Sadly, and I have not yet responded to Lee's rant on AR-C, DXSpider
isn't quite as straight forward to install as I suspect AR-C is.

You will need some packages from the ppm repository.

There is a page in the admin manual describing the old way of doing this
(which will work), if you are using the latest 5.8.x version of
activestate then you can just use ppm.

IIRC you will need:

ppm install DB_File TimeDate

There are others on this list that can put me straight on the full list.
But all you do is keep ppming packages until the errors go away.

If someone has the full list and if there is going to be a mass exodus
of AR-C users then I / Ian /Iain had better update the Windows
instructions to fit the latest stuff available.

Dirk G1TLH