[Dxspider-support] load keps from message

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Tue May 9 12:30:02 BST 2006

At 03:52 PM 5/8/2006, Steven Franke wrote:

>I just discovered that when loading keps from a message, it is
>necessary to issue two commands, e.g.:
>
>load/keps nnnn
>load/keps
>
>The first "load/keps nnnn" apparently writes the /spider/local/
>Keps.pm file, but does not actually "load" the new Keps. After the
>second "load/keps" command, the new keps are loaded and the age of
>the keps is correctly reported by sh/sat.

I'm not sure I agree with this.

I followed this procedure with the Keps that G1TLH mailed on 7
May.  All the keps showed as being 33 days old.  That seems wrong.

I ran my local .BAT procedure to get them off the NASA site, then
they showed as being 0-2 days old.

Is the G1TLH data really *that* old?

- Jim

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us