[Dxspider-support] Connection problem

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sat Dec 15 17:35:04 CET 2007

Roger Cooke wrote:
> Hi.
>
>   I have a problem with a few users locally. They connect via the
> Internet and after a few minutes they are
> disconnected. I use my own Cluster via the VE7CC user program so I see
> no problem. Any ideas please?

Are you sure that it is your node that is doing the disconnecting? There
are several programs out there, for instance, that connect, send a spot
and then disconnect.

Then there are some routers out there that really are not very good,
especially doing reverse NATing from an internet address to some local
address in the 192.168.x.y range. They seem to lose track of the NATing.

What sort of router are you using?

>   I have also noted that a couple of those with problems use GB7DJK, and
> GB7DXE and have no trouble
> at all with those clusters, plus they see more spots than I do.

Check your default filters, do:

sh/filter node_default
sh/filter user_default

>    I have set up a connect script for you Dirk, so could you please
> allow it?

Done, please connect to gb7djk.dxcluster.net port 7300.