[Dxspider-support] Winclient.pl doesn't works

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sun Dec 16 15:26:52 GMT 2007

Luigi Carlotto wrote:
> Hello Dirk, hello everybody !
>
> After several years running Spider on Linux, yesterday I've tryed for the
> first time to put up a new Spider node on Windows (the new node isn't mine,
> it's owned by a friend of mine).
> After the installation process, I've discovered that winclient.pl is not
> working. The OS is Windows XP.

Sadly, it only works on Windows 98/ME.

> What I can do to connect to spider with the sysop privilege ??

On the Windows box itself, telnet localhost 7300 (preferably with
something like putty, not the standard windows telnet). Login with your
DXVars $myalias callsign, you will have full sysop privileges.

> I can login on the node regulary with telnet, but I cannot change the
> initial password for the sysop call saved into DXVars.pm.

Initial password in DXVars.pm? er... I didn't know one could do that...