[Dxspider-support] Keps not converting

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Thu Feb 15 13:59:17 CET 2007

Bela Markus wrote:
> Dirk,
>
> my view is that we do not need any standardization. make possible the
> import if both NASA and NORAD format as they are and use it. Sysop can
> make a decision which one fits better for him and his community.
>
> BTW just let you know, that we are using it recently for ISS tracking
> and calculation is correct, so offered as a reference for the users :)

Sadly, I have to disagree. As it is, some keps are not updated very
frequently and having the potential for one set of keps having a
different name to another set of keps for the same satellite strikes me
a recipe for confusion.

If you stick to one or the other, that would be fine. But people aren't
  (all) like that and there will be confusion when you see AO-07 and
AO-7 and the numbers are different, as they will be from time to time.

Anyway, the latest version of convkeps.pl is in CVS.