[Dxspider-support] Auto-spawn with "upstart"

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Jan 1 12:46:35 CET 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-01 at 10:57 +0000, Dirk Koopman wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-12-31 at 17:41 -0500, Steve Murphy wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I recently switched my node over to a Linux system that uses "upstart"
> > instead of init.d.  Since I'm extremely lazy,
> > does anyone have an upstart script written for DXSpider that they'd be
> > willing to share?
>

> Having said that, I am now looking at the documentation of "upstart" and
> I shall see whether I can do something. However, I suspect that it will
> not replace the inittab route as being the most reliable method.

Having done that, try the following script. Stick it
into /etc/event.d/spider and tell us what happens.

--- cut here ---
# spider - start dxspider
#
# This service maintains DXSpider Node from the point the system is
# started until it is shut down again.

start on runlevel-2
start on runlevel-3
start on runlevel-4
start on runlevel-5

stop on shutdown

respawn su -c "perl /spider/perl/cluster.pl > /dev/null 2>&1" spider
--- cut here ---