[Dxspider-support] Login on DxSpider

Brendan Minish ei6iz.brendan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 13:07:59 CET 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-01 at 09:17 +1300, Eddie Olson wrote:
> If you could change it for internet logins Dirk that would be much
> appreciated.
> VK5FUEL would then be able to connect as that is how he will login.
> Good Dxing and all the best for the New Year.

I think it would be very unwise to add support for internet logins by
callsigns that would not be valid on packet since there is not at this
stage a full understanding of how the rest of the cluster network will
handle the longer call.

About the only safe way of doing this would be to make the user visible
only on the local cluster that the user is connected to and also to not
propagate spots by the user to other clusters.

73
Brendan EI6IZ
sysop ei7mre.ath.cx port 7300 / 144.850 2M packet