[Dxspider-support] telnet echo

Paul Pescitelli dx.k4uj at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 23:34:33 CEST 2007

Wow, all this information is great, but has only increased my interest..!!

I will research the RFC, but wonder why I do not see similar behavior
on other telnet systems. I can telnet to AR-Cluster and clx nodes and
see no difference in the telnet client between using windows/linux/mac
osx. Yes, some connect on port 23, some do not...

For windows, I think Dirk's suggestion of using PuTTY is the best
answer for now.

** FOR MAC OSX
in the ~/.telnetrc file put      set/crlf

and it will work on port 7300 with no issues.

>From a pure techno-geek,network,programming side of me, I am still
curious and think it may be related to perl somehow as Mike suggested.

I am not trying to start any OS wars or anything (fyi: bleed unix) but
I am trying to determine if there is something that needs to be
addressed.

The bottom line is I am trying to ensure that the DX-spider nodes are
as good as any other because I believe in what Dirk has going here. If
there is a discrepancy I want to help find/fix it so that it can
become better.

73 - Paul K4UJ