[Dxspider-support] New install problems

Andy Scott radio at andelscott.co.uk
Mon Jul 9 16:31:28 CEST 2007

In message <mailman.1.1183975202.3359.dxspider-support at dxcluster.org>,
dxspider-support-request at dxcluster.org writes

>I am presuming that you are trying to connect to gb7djk as gb7ipf. You
>need to do a set/spider gb7djk first.
>
>It is treating you as a normal user. Not a node.

Hi Dirk

Hmmm - got rid of the PCPROT messages - putting the Listeners.pm (with
loopback interface, port 7300) in  local  sub-directory seems to have
fixed that.  Set/spider had been issued (and issued again just to be
certain).  So normal user vs. node must be down to something else.

Now I'm not getting any debug messages at all (all are switched on).
Still no spot messages, etc. sent to the user console, although they're
all in the debug file and cluster's system console.  sh/time shows
correct local and UTC times.

Something tells me when the problem is eventually found, it will be an
irritatingly simple one....
--
Andy