[Dxspider-support] A new version...

Tom Vavra wb8zrl at avalon.net
Thu Jun 21 04:07:43 CEST 2007

Dirk wrote:
> There is one big "feature" though. In order to stop loops it is
> necessary to be completely ruthless about what a new style node is
> prepared to believe in terms of routes. This means that only non-new
> nodes that are *directly* connected will have their *local*
> configurations propagated. Anything beyond the next hop will not be
> propagated (although it is still available to that node locally - for
> what that is worth).

I take this to mean that we will see user calls only when connected to our
node or an adjacent node.  No user calls beyond that.  Will the forwarding
of private mail change?  Right now the mail will not forward unless the
addressee is *seen* -- either as a node or as a user on some other node.
Talk is not working correctly now when I try to     t w0fls >n0ni
because I cannot see any N0NI users.  I think this is an ARCluster issue (I
have to pass through two ARC nodes to get to N0NI), but I have not started
to work this problem.

Have I made the correct interpretation of Dirk's statement?

                Tom  WB8ZRL