[Dxspider-support] How to update DX Spider?

Ian J Maude ian at gb7mbc.net
Sat May 12 09:50:18 CEST 2007

Bob Nielsen wrote:
> On May 11, 2007, at 4:14 PM, Frank Fleckenstein wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> i want to update my DX Spider, but cannot find, how to do it.
>>
>> Think, the manual on www.dxcluster.org is not actual, this update
>> doesn't work.
>>
>> Whats the command to update it?
>>

> The manual hasn't been updated to reflect recent changes at Sourceforge.
>
> Where it says:
>
> cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/dxspider login
>
> This should read:
>
> cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at dxspider.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/
> dxspider login
>
> Likewise any other references to cvs.sourceforge.net (in the various
> CVS directories) should be changed to dxspider.cvs.sourceforge.net.
>
> Once it is all set up, "cvs update" should install any updated files.

However, it will shortly.  After not touching the manuals for years
(sorry guys!) I am in a position to spend some time on them.  To that
end, I am creating a wiki for all the spider documentation.  I need to
get in what we have now first and then I will release it.  After that,
hopefully we will be able to get things moving again.  All you
translators out there can flex your fingers in readiness :-)

Ian

--
Ian J Maude G0VGS
SysOp GB7MBC DX Cluster