[Dxspider-support] BPQ32 and DXSpider (for Windows)

Ron Stordahl ronstordahl at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 19:58:16 CET 2007

I am trying to gain enough knowledge to write a set of instructions on how
to interface BPQ32 and DXSpider.  I would include these instructions with a
forthcoming new release of BPQ32.

I am not a DXSpider user, and I will not have time enough to do it myself
and still get the next release of BPQ32 out in a reasonable period of time.

If someone has successfully interfaced BPQ32 with DXSpider and would be
willing to describe how it is done I will greatly appreciate it.

BPQ32 has three interface methods to interface with an application running
on the same machine.  I should have mentioned that it's the Windows version
of DXSpider I am concerned about.  Interfacing BPQ32 with the Linux version
is a separate matter, and would be done by running BPQ32 (since it only runs
under Windows) and DXSpider Linux on separate machines.

The three interface methods are Active-X (OCX), DLL and AGWtoBPQ.  I am most
familiar with the OCX and AGWtoBPQ methods.  I don't believe Windows
DXSpider uses the OCX method.  A quick look ath the DXSpider docs indicates
that it does provide an AGWPE interface.  I am assuming that is the tcp
interface?  There is (or was) a AGWPE DLL interface, but I think that has
been retired.  The BPQ32 AGWtoBPQ.exe program provides an AGWPE tcp look
alike interface, so this should be relatively straightforward.  As to an DLL
interface, I believe that John G8BPQ did provide a bpqperl.dll to accomplish
this.  Is anyone using that?

If someone is willing to lend a hand I will appreciate it.

Ron, N5IN