[Dxspider-support] windows spider install

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue Oct 2 11:39:02 CEST 2007

Rick Craig wrote:
> I renamed the Perl directory and then installed the new version in c:\perl.
> I didn't know if Perl could be installed on top of an old version so I didn't
> want to take a chance.
>
> You will also need to install the extensions or "packages" for the specific
> Perl distribution that you are installing.  The procedure is described in the
> DXSpider Installation Manual, Section 5.5.  In particular you need the
> following:
>
> Data-Dumper.zip
> Net-Telnet.zip
> TimeDate.zip
> Time-HiRes.zip
> DB_File.zip
>
> They are available
> from  http://ppm.activestate.com/PPMPackages/zips/8xx-builds-only/Windows/

PLEASE, Please use the package manager. It is much easier and it also
prevent mistakes concerning packages already included being overwritten
by older versions.

For instance, I am believe that Data-Dumper and Time HiRes are now
standard packages. But to be certain do:-

ppm install Data-Dumper Net-Telnet TimeDate Time-HiRes DB_File

It will only install that which is missing.