[Dxspider-support] IPv6 Support in Dxspider

Brendan Minish bminish at minish.org
Sat Sep 8 13:59:41 CEST 2007

I have recently begun investigating what is involved in Dual homing our
network (we are a Wireless ISP) and all our servers in IPv6 space as
well as IPv4

Surprisingly it is not all that hard, Nearly everything we use currently
supports IPv6

IPv6 is supported by a lot of things these days, with modern linux boxes
it will 'just work' I have read that it is an integral part of Windows
Vista and I have gotten it working on Windows XP

IPv6 is coming, and perhaps sooner than you think, At a recent RIPE
meeting we were told that we would have approximately 2 remaining years
of easily available IPv4 address space, after then it is going to get
increasingly more difficult to get blocs of IPv4 addresses to allocate
to our customers.

For those of you who might like to try out IPv6 now, if your internet
provider does not already offer end user IPv6 allocations you can use a
tunnel broker such as SixXS
www.sixxs.net

What would be involved in adding native IPv6 support to Dxspider so that
Dxspider can be dual homed?

73
Brendan EI6IZ