[Dxspider-support] A Windowze question on CSV

Paul M Dunphy dx_cluster at ve1dx.net
Tue Sep 25 05:06:08 CEST 2007

At 10:28 PM 9/24/2007, charlie carroll wrote:
>Paul:
>Easier than you think...
>1. Get the cvslatest.tgz file from www.dxcluster.org
>2. Unzip it into your c:\ root directory  (NOTE: do NOT unzip into
>c:\spider else you will have a duplicate spider directory and problems.)
>3. Reboot.
>
>All your customizations and user data will not be touched... at least if
>you've not done something strange regarding file placement.  You
>Unix/Linux guys just can't keep from tinkering.... lol!
>
>Dirk has done an excellent job making upgrades easy, painless, and
>almost fool proof.
>
>If you're really concerned about potential snafus with the upgrade,
>unzip only the \spider\cmd and \spider\perl subdirectories from
>cvslatest and overwrite the respective subdirectories.
>
>73 charlie, k1xx

Hi Charlie,

     Well as the song said, paranoia runs deep!  I did what you said,
and it went slick as a whistle.  Took all of 4-5 minutes and I went
from DX Spider Cluster version 1.54 (build 0.135) to DX Spider
Cluster version 1.54 (build 0.153) with no loss of anything.  Scripts
and users and all the like are as before, except I now have whatever
enhancements/fixes that have been applied between build 0.135 and
build 0.153.  I was careful with the original install to put things
where the instructions said, so all of my local settings were
preserved.  Thanks for the help.

     And thanks to Dirk for making it seamless . . . this works works
quite well indeed!

73/DX Paul VE!DX