[Dxspider-support] Minimal Linux suggestion?

hank k8dd k8dd at arrl.net
Wed Apr 16 04:21:11 BST 2008

That sounds about like the two nodes I have running here .....
One is a Celeron 233 and 128 MB RAM and a couple of gig disk drive
running SuSe 8.0.something.  It runs fine for about 9 - 12 months
before it starts slowing down and needs a reboot.
The other one is a speedy P2 266 and 128 MB RAM and a 1 GB disk
drive.  It's a test node and only connects to the network when I want to
mess around with it.  It's also SuSe 8.0.something.

73    Hank    K8DD

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 7:08 PM, Stephen M. Murphy <murphys at comcast.net>
wrote:

> I'm not sure if it'll run on a P1, but I have a node running on an old
> P2 333 128 MB under the server version (command line only, no GUI) of
> Ubuntu. It works OK, and, since I do all the administrative stuff
> remotely (via ssh) anyway, I don't miss the desktop environment.
>
> 73,
>
> Steve N8NM
>
> David Spoelstra wrote:
> > I have several 200MHz P1 with 128MB RAM on them.  Is there a good Linux
> > distro that would run DXSpider on these?  I would like to give them out
> > several people to bring up some more DXSpider nodes.
> >
> > Would Puppy Linux or Damn Small Linux work?
> >
> > -David, N9KT

'Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their
level then beat you with experience.' -anon