[Dxspider-support] Grid info passing through nodes?

Ian Maude ian at gb7mbc.net
Thu Aug 28 08:34:24 BST 2008

Wayne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We recently installed DXSpider on a linux box. We had been running on
> WinXP but now are using Gentoo.
>
> All seems to be running great except for getting the grid information.
> I can log into my partner nodes and see the EMXX and ENXX in the CC11
> data but this does not make it to our node.
>
> When using watchdbg on the partner node call from our cluster the
> dxgrid information is no longer there so anyone on our node can not
> get the information.
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction to fix this? I've tried
> set/dxqrid on various calls but nothing changes.
Hi Wayne,
When you tranferred to the Linux box did you not transfer over your
existing spider tree?  I would hae thought the info should stll be there
if so.  Just the users file would do it I think.  I am making the
assumption you have the set/grid command switched on :)

One thing you can do (if you can handle the bandwidth) is to send a
remote command to a neighbouring node.  something like rcmd <nodecall>
forward/opernam all might do it but I cannot be 100% without Dirks input.

Let us know how you go on please.

73 Ian

--

Ian J Maude, G0VGS