[Dxspider-support] backup node

Bob Nielsen n7xy at clearwire.net
Mon Dec 29 15:50:40 GMT 2008

On Dec 29, 2008, at 5:37 AM, Wade Parker wrote:

> I guess I'll ask a few newbie questions.
> I just installed and have been palying around with dxspider for
> about 1 week.
>
> How do I setup a backup node to auto connect when the main node drops?

In your /spider/local_cmd/crontab, have an entry of the form "connect
<node2> unless connected <node1>". I do this for a connection to a
node which occasionally has ISP problems, but also has a packet
connection via a JNOS node that has better internet connectivity.

> Can I connect to two nodes at the same time?

Definitely.  You can have multiple node connections and won't need to
worry about a single node dropping out.

Bob, N7XY