[Dxspider-support] Remote sysop'ing

Bob Nielsen n7xy at clearwire.net
Sat Feb 2 20:38:34 GMT 2008

On Feb 2, 2008, at 8:39 AM, Jim Snider wrote:

> I'm running the N8OJ node here at my house and I use my iBookrunning
> MacloggerDX to watch the spots and log my operations.  I'm trying to
> understand how to set up the sysop command from my linux box so I
> can do
> sysop commands down on my iBook from the telnet session.

I log into the Linux computer running my node rnd run console.pl.
Instead of directing the log to a tty, I have the following in /etc/
inittab:

DX:23:respawn:/bin/su -c "/usr/bin/perl -w /spider/perl/cluster.pl"
sysop > /tmp/cluster.log

This allows me to ssh in and view it from my Mac Mini in another part
of the house.  If I want to check the log in real time, I use "tail -
f /tmp/cluster.log" in a terminal window.

Bob, N7XY