[Dxspider-support] Remote sysop'ing

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sat Feb 2 22:16:59 GMT 2008

Bob Nielsen wrote:
> On Feb 2, 2008, at 8:39 AM, Jim Snider wrote:
>
>> I'm running the N8OJ node here at my house and I use my iBookrunning
>> MacloggerDX to watch the spots and log my operations.  I'm trying to
>> understand how to set up the sysop command from my linux box so I
>> can do
>> sysop commands down on my iBook from the telnet session.
>>

> I log into the Linux computer running my node rnd run console.pl.
> Instead of directing the log to a tty, I have the following in /etc/
> inittab:
>
> DX:23:respawn:/bin/su -c "/usr/bin/perl -w /spider/perl/cluster.pl"
> sysop > /tmp/cluster.log
>
> This allows me to ssh in and view it from my Mac Mini in another part
> of the house.  If I want to check the log in real time, I use "tail -
> f /tmp/cluster.log" in a terminal window.

Ah...

login / su to root then type:-

ln -s /spider/perl/*dbg /usr/bin
ln -s /spider/perl/console.pl /usr/bin/dx

Then, whenever you login in, just type: watchdbg

and you will get the same stuff with some intelligible times and the
ability to filter on regexes etc. All in real time.

Also you can use 'grepdbg' to search through the debug info for
particular things.