[Dxspider-support] ubuntu 7.4 feasty fawn

Bob Nielsen n7xy at clearwire.net
Sat Feb 16 15:47:09 GMT 2008

On Feb 16, 2008, at 4:53 AM, Danny moss wrote:

> Stephen M. Murphy wrote:
>> Danny,
>>
>> I ran into the same situation in not finding the same module
>> revisions
>> mentioned in the manual, so I just installed the latest revs and it
>> works  just fine.
>>
>> 73,
>>
>> Steve N8NM
>>
> Hi Steve,
>
> Thank you very much for your help it was the timedate file I needed as
> soon as I put that one in and tried again it worked I now have it
> up and
> running with ax25 on 147.575 VHF .
>
> I will have to get my other  nodes that are connected to my dxspider
> running on fedore to swing over to my new ip address and get them
> going
> on my new dxspider.
> but before that I should get a link just for testing purposes I thing.
>
> Thanks again
> Best Regards
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Danny Moss
> VK7HDM
>
> Email: ddm at lnx-vk7hdm.dnsalias.org
> Web: http://www.ddmcomputers.com
>
> VK7HDM-2 Dxspider Telnet 203.55.215.226 port 7300 or pont your web
> browser to http://www.ddmcomputers.com/cgi-bin/spider.cgi
> VK7HDM-6 Tnos vk7hdm.ampr.org ip: 203.55.215.233 Telnet, www, ax25,
> axip, axudp, converse, pop3, smtp, ftp, mail
> linked to VK7HDM-8 Flexnet node Under FBB BBS VK7HDM-9
> VK7HDM-7 Xrouter gw-vk7hdm.ampr.org ip: 203.55.215.230 Telnet, www,
> ax25, axip, axudp, chat server, ftp, router
> linked to VK7HDM-8 Flexnet node Under FBB BBS VK7HDM-9

It is not necessary to download any of the modules from CPAN, as the
ones you need are already packaged for Ubuntu.  The trick is to
figure out the name of the package as it is slightly different than
the module name.  I have the following Ubuntu packages installed:

libcompress-zlib-perl
libcurses-perl
libnet-telnet-perl
libtimedate-perl