[Dxspider-support] Problem on install of DXSpider

JimR kd1yv at arrl.net
Sat Jan 19 00:43:37 GMT 2008

I am a newbie to DXspider.  I am trying to install it on my Mandriva
2007 spring machine,   following the on-line manual.

When I try to execute ./create_sysop.pl, I get the following error.

[dxsysop at kd1yv6 perl]$ ./create_sysop.pl
Global symbol "$DB_BTREE" requires explicit package name at DXUser.pm
line 145.
Global symbol "$DB_BTREE" requires explicit package name at DXUser.pm
line 147.
Global symbol "$DB_BTREE" requires explicit package name at DXUser.pm
line 161.
Compilation failed in require at ./create_sysop.pl line 22.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./create_sysop.pl line 22.

I looked in DXUser.pm at the offending lines, but I do not understand
what is wants.

Thanks for help,

73 de Jim