[Dxspider-support] problems with users database

Kjell Jarl K-Jarl at algonet.se
Thu Jul 10 20:10:40 BST 2008

Back to the old PC while troubleshooting. With the same number of users
and links as the one that failed works fine on the old stuff (RH 7.1,
perl 5.6.0)

The problem:
CentOS5.2,  perl 5.8.8.

Only one link and one user (tried with a few users) running now. Works
fine. 1h30 minutes now.

The detaching of users.v3 I experienced is not here any more. But
export_users and perl user_asc did not work well.

Is it a memory or load problem?

I will dig further.
Making five simultaneous cp of 800 MB files is no problem, so I think
not an HW issue (while cluster runs).
73
Kjell