[Dxspider-support] files created by spider are root.spider and not sysop.spider

Dirk Koopman G1TLH gb7tlh at dxcluster.org
Thu Jun 26 13:03:53 BST 2008

ON6HH Roland Huysentruyt wrote:
> Hi All
>
> On on0dxk-5 i see all files created by spider  have   ownership
> _root.spider_   and not sysop.spider !
> Is this normal and if not what could be the reason ?

You are starting up cluster.pl as root. See the /etc/event.d/dxspider
script that I have posted separately. You can check which user a program
is running as with 'top' or with or 'ps aux | grep cluster'.

When it is running as sysop again, you should do another 'chown -R
sysop' in /spider otherwise you may get problems with permissions later on.