[Dxspider-support] GIT update problems

IZ5FSA iz5fsa.leo at tele2.it
Sun Jun 29 09:30:22 BST 2008

Hi sysops.

I've this answer "git-ting" my spider node IZ5FSA-6.

$ git pull
Trying really trivial in-index merge...
fatal: Merge requires file-level merging
Nope.
Merging HEAD with 229eee2688f9e4a1f5489b7bfafd7c32bfc12548
Merging:
cc4c187 .cvsignore
229eee2 make buddies work better :-)
found 1 common ancestor(s):
7a3918d remove 'recursion limit' message fromRoute.pm
Auto-merging data/cty.dat
merge: warning: conflicts during merge
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in data/cty.dat
Removing perl/RouteDB.pm
Auto-merging perl/Version.pm
merge: warning: conflicts during merge
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in perl/Version.pm
Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.
$

After the update I try to commit and fix error...

$ git-commit
data/cty.dat: needs merge
perl/Version.pm: needs merge
$

I've no idea of how manage GIT commands.

I have no version displayed on spider node... I think I need to force the update
of cty.dat and Versoin.pm... but I don't know how!

Please help.

73s de Leo, IZ5FSA