[Dxspider-support] QSL

Bela Markus ha5di at freemail.hu
Fri Jun 27 07:33:15 BST 2008

Dirk,

I do not support this idea. It is just one more way to reduce the
importance of the radio connection and information exchenged via radio
and would increase the number of unconfirmed and debated QSOs.

This requires cooperation of the log program writers also as tehy are
expected to implement it. It is a week point too.

73... Béla, HA5DI

Dirk Koopman írta:
> This was suggested to me some time ago, but I was not in a position to
> do anything about it. However, now that talk seems to be finally
> working as I think it should, perhaps now is the time to look at this
> again.
>
> What was suggested was a QSL command. The idea of this command is for,
> perhaps, dxpeditions to qsl their contacts (probably via their logging
> program's cluster connection) in real time. This would give the users
> assurance that a contact was made and also, maybe during contests, a
> means of cross checking logs.
>
> Something like:
>
> qsl g1tlh 14245.1 59 ssb Good signal
>
> would be fairly easy to do. This would come out more or less like the
> current dx display, e.g.
>
> QSL de G7BRN:      50195.0  G1TLH    SSB 59   Good Signal!         2135Z
>
> One could have a sh/qsl as well.
>
> All of this would be sent to the user concerned, not broadcast to the
> world like a DX command does.
>
> Is this likely be of any interest?
>
> Dirk G1TLH

believed to be clean.