[Dxspider-support] Crash when a rcmd received

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue May 6 17:12:31 BST 2008

Dirk Koopman wrote:
> ON6HH Roland Huysentruyt wrote:
>> Hi Dirk
>> I did some tests this morning.
>> I have a spare cluster here build up from the same spider tree as the
>> actual on0dxk-5 .
>> Same linux ( ubuntu server 7.10 ) and same spider version 1.54 build
>> 0.215 ,same perl version 5.8.8.
>> After connecting the spare cluster to on0dxk-5 and giving as user on6hh
>> at on0dxk-5 rcmd "forward/opernam "command
>> to the sparecluster everything is normal.I receive the rcmd info .
>> After copying the actual userfile from on0dxk-5 to the sparecluster no
>> error either at rcmd forward/opernam .
>> Where is the problem at on0dxk-5 ?
>
> Not at the moment. It does not seem to be happening to any of my nodes.
> However, I am looking at it and if I can't figure out how this is
> occurring, I will issue a version that has some extra diagnostics in it
> to see what is actually coming out of the userfile at that point.

I have committed a change to CVS/git which should either fix the problem
or give me some information on which to work out what's going on. Either
way it should now longer crash.

You will notice that this has a complete new version number (1.55). This
is because there has been an incompatible change in one of the internal
APIs, not because any user or sysop will see anything different.

Developers need to see a separate announcement on the changes.

Dirk G1TLH