[Dxspider-support] respawing

Fulvio HB9DHG hb9dhg at ticino.com
Fri May 23 22:07:49 BST 2008

Ciao Bob,

I highly appreciate your reply.
Yes .. I know about upstart, tried it .. but doesn't work too.
Maybe my sintax is wrong? (the suggested syntax
respawn
exec /spider/perl/cluster.pl tty7
seems doesn't work)

DXSpider startup script
#
# This service maintains a getty on tty6 from the point the system is
# started until it is shut down again.

start on runlevel 3

stop on runlevel 0
stop on runlevel 1
stop on runlevel 2
stop on runlevel 4
stop on runlevel 5
stop on runlevel 6

respawn
exec /bin/su - sysop -c "/usr/bin/perl -w /spider/perl/cluster.pl"
>/dev/tty7

The wiki link was already on my favourites ;-) (thanks!)
I will run more tests tomorrow

Regards, HB9DHG