[Dxspider-support] Stuck

Bob Nielsen n7xy at clearwire.net
Wed Nov 5 02:52:21 GMT 2008

On Nov 4, 2008, at 2:44 PM, Ed wrote:

> I'm stuck and don't know the cure. I found a copy of spider in the
> root
> directory. It gets put there when I issue the sym link command as
> root.
> I found the how, but not the why, let alone the cure.
>
> Ubuntu 8.04
>
> Ed W3NR

> Well I found part of the problem, the install manual says to create
> the sym link as root, but it doesn't. The sym link has to be
> created via the "sudo" command. I'll get this right one of these days.
>
> I don't like do-overs.
>
> Ed

It should work as root if you give the complete path to both the
source and the link.

Since using Ubuntu for the past several years, I have gotten used to
sudo and don't really miss the root directory.  My Mac works the same
way, so I don't need to remember that many differences when switching
between computers.