[Dxspider-support] Multiconnects (Luigi)

Luigi Carlotto, IK5ZUK ik5zuk at tiscali.it
Wed Nov 5 11:01:27 GMT 2008

Hi Saul,
thak you for your reply. Reading the Changes file I understand the
maxconnect_user variable has the function to allow an incoming users to have
(as default) up to 2 other connections to other nodes. This is applied only
on incoming connections, and should work by checking the maximum number of
times a user is already connected to the rest of the cluster cloud.

BTW, some days ago I've made a test on some nodes managed by myself and
running DX Spider Cluster version 1.55 (build 0.32) on Linux. On that nodes
I've done set/var $main::maxconnect_user = 1 and after that I've connected
with the same call and without different SSIDs (of course!) at the same time
without any problem.
So, due to this, I have a doubt: or I'm missing something, or I do not
understand the idea of the maxconnect feature, or this new feature is not
working properly.

I would like to read something from Dirk...

73 de Luigi, ik5zuk