[Dxspider-support] Timeout

Dirk Koopman G1TLH gb7tlh at dxcluster.org
Thu Oct 9 19:19:17 BST 2008

IK1HJS wrote:
> Hi Dirk,
>
> Sorry for posting again .
>
> I'd like to avoid the message "Sorry IK1HJS you are connected to me on
> another port" sent from the cluster not allowing me do reconnect  if my
> telnet connection has a failure, and I'd like be able to reconnect
> immediately the cluster.
>
> I saw that a lot of clusters around don't have this function active and
> I can reconnect normally without waiting 10 minutes.
>
> I suppose there must be a timeout counter somewhere ...
>
> The solution to this problem has been solicited by a lot of users.
>
> Can you help me ?
>
> Running dxspider 0,31 version on an Ubuntu Server edition.

There is a variable called $main::$bumpexisting which, as default, is
set 1. This allows users to connect from another terminal and it will
disconnect any existing connection.

I would suggest that you look in your scripts directory and check that
you don't have a 'set/var $main::$bumpexisting 0' in there anywhere.

Other than that, I can see no reason why your node should behave any
differently from everybody else.