[Dxspider-support] User's records deleted, too old

Dirk Koopman G1TLH gb7tlh at dxcluster.org
Wed Sep 10 22:03:18 BST 2008

Luigi Carlotto, IK5ZUK wrote:
> Hello Dirk, hello all !
> Some days ago my Linux box has suffered an HD failure and due to this
> I've lost all the datas inside.
> Now I've installed a new disk with a brand new Linux release (Ubuntu
> 8.04 Server LTS, previously it was running an old Fedora Core 5) and
> spider with all the other stuff is working fine...
> In these days I had to enter manually for each local users the set/regi
> and the relative password to connect (due to security I've enabled the
> registration and for each registered call I set up a password) and
> today, giving a sh/regi, I've discovered that a great part of the
> registered users are deleted. Making some investigations with sh/log,
> I've found that spider has deleted the users because "too old"...
> You can see below an example:
>
> IK5ZUK-1 de IK5ZUK-6 10-Sep-2008 1400Z dxspider >
> sh/log iq0gh
> 01Sep2008 at 21:22:59 IK5ZUK registered IQ0GH
> 01Sep2008 at 21:23:29 IK5ZUK changed password for iq0gh
> 03Sep2008 at 00:01:00 IQ0GH deleted, too old
> 05Sep2008 at 08:17:55 IK5ZUK registered IQ0GH
> 05Sep2008 at 08:18:29 IK5ZUK changed password for iq0gh
> 10Sep2008 at 00:01:00 IQ0GH deleted, too old
> IK5ZUK-1 de IK5ZUK-6 10-Sep-2008 1400Z dxspider >
>
> Why this ?? May be possible to change the "age level" for the user's
> records or, at least, temporally disable the auto-delete for that ??

This happens to user records that don't have any "useful" information on
them and have not logged in, in the last year. For this not to occur,
one of Lat+Long, qth or qra locator has to be present. One could argue
that being registered should also prevent one being deleted, but
(currently) that isn't the case.

There probably is a bug, in that the 'lastin' time is not updated when
you register someone from scratch. The other way around this is simply
to login as that newly registered user.