[Dxspider-support] Blocking by ip address

Iain Philipps iain.philipps at sms.xerox.com
Sun Apr 26 19:49:53 BST 2009

Lee,

I understood Keith's problems to be a variant of what you've described:-

 - there is a single IP address (which he has now shared) which connects to
his cluster, logs on as (one of) a number of users, sends a spot,
disconnects
 - To Keith, I guess this looks like a "robot" of some sort
 - "me too"
 - Keith wants to stop his own machine being used to inject these spots in
to the network (and I suggested a means by which he might do that)
 - Keith wonders if this will simply move the problem elsewhere (and I guess
it will ....)

So it isn't the users that Keith wants to stop, but this "robot" .....

Regards     -     Iain