[Dxspider-support] Add IP address tp PC16

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Dec 7 16:08:22 GMT 2009

Brendan Minish wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-11-25 at 12:28 +0000, Dirk Koopman G1TLH wrote:
>
>> We don't use PC16/17 anymore (at least for mainstream DXSpider/CCCluster
>> nodes). PC92 could be extended compatibly, eg:
>>
>> PC92^HB9DRV-9^44775.01^A^^1IZ8QKQ:192.168.0.1^H96^
>
> Dirk, Lee
>
> I think it's a good idea to share IP information but please design the
> protocol additions in such a way that they will not have a problem with
> IPv6 addresses

You could usefully get yourself onto the "ip_address" branch and try it
for me.

git checkout --track -b ip_address origin/ip_address

should do it. You will note that the IPV6 addresses have to be
transformed due to the rather unfortunate choice I made for a separator
character. But this should only exist in transit. It should be converted
back to the original format for anything useful.