[Dxspider-support] Multiple user connections

Kelly Jones kjones at virtualcohesion.com
Sat Feb 14 03:38:39 GMT 2009

Hello list -

Quick question:  back in the "old days" Spider used to inform a user
that they were already connected if they tried to connect with the same
callsign from another computer.  I know somewhere along the line Dirk
changed the code to disconnect the previous session and allow the new
session.

However, what I am seeing A LOT of is that people appear to be using
multiple computers at their QTH and I end up with "dueling" connections.
The biggest offender seems to be people using AA6YQ's software
SpotCollector.  While Dave has a great product, some of the users don't
appear to be the sharpest tools in the shed.

So my question is there a way to turn this "allow newest connection"
mode off?  If they are connected on PC A, I don't want them connecting
with PC B.  Otherwise I end up with the perpetual
connect/disconnect/connect/disconnect that goes on forever until I send
the offender an email.

Thanks,
Kelly - N0VD