[Dxspider-support] Cluster Abuse and IP Addresses

Lee Sawkins ve7cc at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 25 10:57:21 GMT 2009

Hi Roland

I didn't mean to imply that you weren't watching your cluster.  These
bogus spotters are very difficult to detect.  What I was proposing was
to automatically check IP addresses and compare them to callsigns.  This
gives you one more tool in the fight.

I agree spotting TX3A on 160 and in the spot asking him to QSY to that
frequency from 80 meters is not helpful at all.  It makes everyone at
first think he is on 160.  Then they are annoyed to find he is on 80
meters.  I too have been a sysop for a long time.  At times I wonder
why!

You make some very good points.

Lee