[Dxspider-support] Cluster Abuse and IP Addresses

ON6HH Roland Huysentruyt on6hh at uba.be
Wed Nov 25 10:40:26 GMT 2009

Hi Lee
Your msg shows  on0dxk as a bad cluster not watched at all.
I am  running  ON0DXK-5  for 18 years now  watching for abuse every day for
hours.
A lot of calls are in my lockout list,badspot list ,badspotter list etc.
I do what I can .I am a dxer myself and know what bad spots are.
Call abuse is a MINOR PROBLEM compared to all the BAD SPOTS !
- talk via spots
- non dx spots
- selfspotting
- discussions via a spot
- thanking the dxstation via a spot
- dupe spots all the time .
- complaining abt "bad ears" or "no receiver"
- saying "good ears"
- asking to qsy via spots
- saying "no propagation" via spots
etc...etc...
How many are good spots  10 % ?? ore less ...?
Will registration eliminate all this bad spots ? Not at all !
Registration and passwords can help to avoid call abuse but only  if every
cluster has it.
To force this there is a solution: Changing the clustersoftware that way
clusters
not using registration can not connect to your cluster.
And if possible a central database for registration and not on every
cluster.
I am waiting for that day  .
73 Roland ON6HH ,sysop ON0DXK

on6hh at uba.be