[Dxspider-support] Add IP address tp PC16

Bela Markus ha5di at freemail.hu
Wed Nov 25 12:23:27 GMT 2009

Hi,

to make fraud detection efficient we need the connecting IP address of a
remote station available by all (compatible) nodes. The easiest way
would be to add IP field to the

PC16^node^user talk-mode here^user talk-mode here^...^hops^

message generated at connection and to

PC17^user^node^hops^

disconnection for security. Do not add IP to spots, announcements,
etc... On this way you can keep compatibility without creating traffic
overload.

If this is causing problems for existing node software in the network,
it is possible to introduce two new PC messages with IP and leave
PC16/PC17 as these are now. This would be easy to implement without risk
to destroy the network.

In Phase 1 just create thes messages, do not implement any action on it.
We can now analyse what is going on with external programs and decide
Phase 2.

Regards... Béla